Thread: This Time!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kiwigirl

Post This Time!

My A and I had a big fight about 3 weeks ago. We'd been not talking alot over Xmas and New Year and it all came to a head. The next day I told him to go but we decided to go to counselling and try and work it out. The first session he turned up after having a few beers. At first I was disappointed, but it was good to have someone else see what I have to put up with, and, man, was he obnoxious. The counsellor suggested he go and see a male counsellor, which he thought was great, but I think she just had had enough of him!

Anyway, I've come to the decision that it's the booze or me, and with help of the counsellor I'm trying to get up the guts to tell him. He is trying really hard, although he is still drinking he is being nice to me and in his mind he is trying but for me it's still not enough. Hopefully his sessions will help him understand where I'm coming from. And I hope I get the strength to see this through. I don't want to leave, I love him very much, but I'm not prepared to live like this forever.