Thread: update on AD
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
caileesnana

update on AD

Thanks to all of your for your prayers the last week. As I look back I can truly see where God intervened, it could have been so much worse.

AD is still in the hospital, will be 4-6 weeks, then to 'recovery home' for minimum of 30 days. Social work has ordered a psych consult and she is in madatory classes. Her jumping out of the car and being injured/addicted/abused while pregnant has opened an entire different world of help. Plus, it is not me or my ideas!!

She seems to be doing well, for today. I am happy she is alive, safe, and seemingly working toward recovery. She is actually reading NA/AA, journaling etc. However, as glad as I am to see it we all know only time will tell.

Please continue prayers for her safety & recovery, and wellbeing of innocent baby. ABF is still roaming the streets and until he is locked safely away in jail for this felone (!) I will look behind me.

While meeting w/ social work AD told alot more I didn't know, and it was worse than imagined. She has made a couple of good decisions, and tried to leave for the last 4 weeks. She said he never let her out of his sight, if she slept, he put his arm over her and if she moved it he woke up. One night she got out and he chased her down the road, pulled her into the street by her hair and beat her up--all while his ignorant family watched. Allowing younger siblings to watch and learn!

There is more, but too disgusting to write. Thank God she was able to call 911 before he unplugged the phone. Police took pictures of injuries and there is a warrant out.

love and hugs to all, I found strength in all your words I have read and kept in my heart; and the prayers helped me breathe when I couldn't remember how.

susan