View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I am so excited, I couldn't wait to get back to my computer.

First off, I had to get a cash advance on a credit card to pay the body shop guy. Instead of feeling bad about it, was pretty darn grateful that I had paid the card off and have the money available.

So, I go to the finance company to pay my car payment, and asked to speak to a rep. Told him what happened, and he said "how about we put you in another car?" Explained I have nothing for the down payment. He said "don't worry".

On Monday, I will pick up my "new" used car!!!!!! I had a '97 mercury sable, and loved it. I'm getting a 2004 ford taurus, so basically a newer version of the same car. They are taking my wrecked car as a trade in, no money down, and payments will be $2 less than they were...nothing due until July.

The interest rate is still outrageous, but I've been paying extra on the car and will continue to.

I also talked to my GM at work. The girl who caused all the problems is not fired, but only has one more chance and she's been told that the first time she disrespects me or my boss, she's history. I'm really glad. She's actually a good kid...just needs to learn there are consequences for actions. If I can help her learn that, I'm happy.

So, peel me off the ceiling!!! They told me they didn't even have to pull my credit report because of my "perfect record" with them. All this hard work is paying off.

Thanks for all your support...couldn't have done it without you all!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy