View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

OT - latest update

I feel like I hijacked the thread I started for caileesnana, so will start another one.

I still have my job and am in no trouble. The other girl, who cussed me out and threatened me has supposedly been fired. They offered to let me work my nights off, but it's not busy enough to justify 80 miles round trip with the price of gas. That's the good news.

The bad news is, I just got off the phone with a very rude insurance agent who insists I send back a form regarding the accident "even though there is no coverage for it". So, no car, $1800 left in payments, and I've got to figure out how to get the car back here so I don't get charged an arm and leg for storage. Plus, no money for another car until I get this one paid off.

Not to mention, I still have the tickets I have to pay for. Getting a loan is out of the question...couldn't even get an increase on a credit card by my bank.

Also have to figure out how to deal with the state of SC. The cop gave me a form and said the insurance company had to verify coverage and send it to the state or they would try to suspend my license. I am HOPING all I get is a fine for driving without insurance, because I really didn't know.

I spoke with my friend Randy's wife. After his brain surgery, he again lost movement of his left side and his speech is "getting better". They are trying to get him into rehab within 2 weeks.

I know that with all they are going through, this insurance thing is no big deal, but it still feels like I've taken a hundred steps back.

At least, while I'm trying to figure out my options, going back to crack isn't one of them

I know I will get through this. Please keep Randy and his family in your prayers. They are emotionally and physically stretched to the limit.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy