Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bval

This is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE, but it is my understanding based on what I've read on the internet, and personal experience.

As far as being constipating goes, immodium works the same as any other mild opiate. If you are an opiate addict, getting off of dope cold turkey, you'll need MANY MANY immodium to stop the runs. It only makes sense ... you HAVE the runs from a massive lack of opiates. You are not in the position of a 'normal person', who has the runs but never TAKES opiates ... for THEM, a couple of immodium stops them up pretty good. For an addict in W/D's ... it takes a quite a bit more opiates to stop the runs.

I'm not suggesting this course of action by any stretch, but I've read of serious opiate addicts in withdrawals taking ten, twenty, even fifty immodium at once trying to stave off withdrawals, *SOME* have reported that it *helped a bit* with their w/d's, and none of them reported intestinal blockage ... most of us junkies are used to crapping once a week anyways, and did we die from intestinal blockage? No. Plus, the half-life of loperamide is not significantly longer than vicodin, etc, so once it clears out, you're gonna be right on the pot again, like you'd never taken 'em.

This all being said ... you should not take OTC drugs in a way other than what the label says, otherwise, YOU MIGHT DIE.