Thread: True confession
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello strongerwoman.

I love all the replies so far to your thread. I couldn't agree more with all that has been said about the value of a person's inner strength and all the qualities that make a person special & unique.

As I read your post and all the others I kept thinking of some people I know from my teenage years. Two of them were as close as brothers to me and one was a fellow classmate.

All three have severe and prominent physical defects. One had a birthmark over one half of his face, the other appeared to have been burned over 3/4 of his face and the third had a very twisted spine, causing his sternum to be concave on one side. Two of them were competive surfers and later on both became missionaries. The third is one of the top physicians in his field.

All three were wonderful friends, very popular and extremely charming. All of these guys suffered in ways I will never understand but each one went on to become very successful in every way imaginable, outgoing, happy husbands and fathers.

Each married women who shared the same fine personal qualities and ... I find it especially interesting that their wives were drop-dead gorgeous. If one were to judge by how some may look at things...or even by some of the things you share about your own feelings of self-worth...these guys would be single, lonely losers and nothing could be further from the truth.

Strength of spirit is attractive as is self confidence. My friends got alot of that confidence from the struggles that they endured and from their faith. jmho.

It takes courage to open up about ones personal struggles. I can guarantee you that what you have shared is helping someone else and will continue to do so whenever somebody comes here to this forum and reads.

I hope that you can find the inner healing you so deserve, you seem like a very strong woman-- and I would have said so even if that was not part of your screen name. Please see my sig line...It gives me alot of hope, I really believe it's wish the same for you.

Thank you for sharing.