Thread: Lemonade Stand
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
devastated

Memories!

I remember not to many years ago having a lemonade stand with my sweet little "adopted" grandaughter. At that time I was babysitting for her, and her two cousins. I babysat for years for them all. My special one was only 3 months old and I took care of her for 10 years until we moved here.

Anyway, we had this lemonade stand and the lemonade we actually squeezed lemons and so it was homemade and fresh-squeezed. However, we ran out of lemonade so I quickly ran to the store and bought the lemonade in the cartons and sold that instead.

We had to then change our sign because the children said the sign indicated that we had made it ourselves so, we were cheating! God forbid I wreck another crew of kids, so we changed the sign to read:

OK, IT'S NOT HOMEMADE, WE BOUGHT IT AT THE STORE!

This hispanic man was working outside that day, and he looked so tired and thirsty that I suggested we give him a glass free. They said ok. The man then came over and drank glass after glass. The kids were looking at me as if to say, "get the money!" He didn't speak english! I couldn't bear to ask for money! I just said to the kids, "sometimes, you just have to give!" After 5 glasses (small cups) he said "thank you" and started to walk away. I shrugged my shoulders to the kids and said, "just remember what a good deed you did today!" All of a sudden the man turned around and gave the kids $5.00! Wow! were they excited, me too!

What fun that was. I hope they never forget.

Sorry about "hi-jacking" your post Cats, but couldn't resist.

Hugs, Devastated