Old 05-31-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I agree, it sounds like this meeting isn't even being held anymore.

Look for phone numbers on the meeting schedule. If you don't have one, I'm sure you can call the main AA number in your area, here in Dayton it's under Alcoholism in the yellow pages and refered to as Central Office.

Your thread reminded me of a few winters ago. I wanted to try different meetings (AA) and had one picked out in which I'd heard great things about this particular location.Since I don't drive, I took two buses in the January freeze, trudged through the snow and the same thing happened to me. I stood outside freezing, doing the pee pee dance and finally realized that it was time to get back on a bus and head home.

I ended up slipping on the snow, going face first into a huge drift where the yucky, black snow had been plowed and piled up to resemble a mountain. As I was trying to pull myself up, my anger and frustration immediately went into laughter. There I was, trying to get up but kept slipping again. I don't know if it was the snow that had me to keep falling or laughing so hard, but the next thing I knew, I just plopped down in it, full bladder and all and yelled,"Ok, Big Guy, I guess this is what they call willing to go to any length!"

When I was slowly making my way to the bus, it hurt to hard to walk with a very full bladder, a woman pulled up and asked me if I knew where the meeting was at. I started laughing so hard that I actually thought I was going to pee my pants right there. When I told her what happened, she asked if I wanted to go have a cup of coffee, which at that time, I didn't care if she was a mass murderer, just as long as a bathroom would soon be available.

We talked at the restaurant for a couple of hours and come to find out, she was new to the area and didn't know a soul. She lived not too far from me so we became traveling meeting explorers together. We spent the better part of a year going to meetings together until her Hubby was transfered to another military base.

Just remember, next time you get all your ducks in a row to go to a meeting, call ahead and make sure you pee before you leave.:rof