Thread: I feel sick
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
As an outsider looking in, I don't see compassion at all. I see addiction. You are addicted to her plain and simple. I recognize it because I have experienced it myself. I have also told myself lies about it being compassion, in the other person's best interest, not wanting to hurt them, etc, etc, etc. I never really made much progress at all in recovery until I was willing to be completely honest with myself. And, yes I know, it's a really, really hard thing to do.

I also perceive a little bit of self-righteousness going on. And once again, you guessed it, I recognize it because I lived it. Wanting to sneak the keys and take the van so that she will come back and find it gone sounds like a bit of a power play. Maybe to punish her for whatever you feel she has done to hurt you?

Whenever I am contemplating doing something, I try to honestly look at my motivation. Not just in the action itself, but the modus operandi, if you get my drift. Isn't there a more honest and straightforward way to protect your financial interest here?

Just trying to give you some food for thought. No need to answer in public.

L

Okay, you're right, the thing about the compassion was bs, I just wanted her back, and you are probably right about the relationship being more of an addiction than anything else.

As far as taking the van back goes, I am kind of stuck, I really don't want any dramas and I will be telling her as soon as she gets out of town. Because of one other incredibly stupid thing I've done financially I'm pretty certain I'll get stuck making the June payment if she has any control over that. I can undo the financial thing but I have no control over whether or not she actually makes the June payment.