Thread: I feel sick
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

I feel sick

Completely self-inflicted, I know, save the lectures please. Got involved with the exagf again. Two months, on, two months off has been the pattern for the last almost year or so. Actually, the on periods have been getting shorter and shorter. Been about 23 days this time, and a fair amount of cash, yeah, I know all about that bit.

Cutting to the chase, she came over today and she knew something was up, I pretended there was nothing wrong. She's in dire financial straits again, I'm thinking I should take the opportunity of her being out of town for 10 odd days to take her/our van back.

She hasn't made a payment in several months, may or may not make this month's payment. I would like her to, for obvious reasons. I plan on getting the spare set of keys tonight, to eliminate the possibility of any melodramatic scenes. I do not plan on telling her. Feel slightly squeamish about this as I don't plan on actually telling her, I'm just going to take them off the key rack when I visit tonight.

FYI, I actually made the last payment in late April, the credit people, in spite of their assurances to the contrary applied it to May. The allowed her to roll the missed payment in April to the end of the loan. I will tell her via text message when she's out of town, she will have 10 odd days to arrange some kind of transport when she gets back into town. Her new job is a work at home scheme, she won't actually need the van to get to work and the day she gets home will be the kids last day of school.

I really want assurances that I'm not being unfair here. What finally brought me to this point was getting some info that turned my guts, knowing that absolutely nothing has changed for her and if anything it's just gotten worse. BTW, thanks in advance for all your support and prayers. I love you guys.