Old 05-30-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cynay

Your bravery should be noted in this. It is not easy for anyone to work through such pain.... but I can tell you from my point of view... the relationship can be so much stronger and deep if you are able to work through it all.

I had to work through this with my Mother, Sister and most currently my Boyfriend.

What worked best for me (and I must say was the very hardest thing in the world) was to tell the truth. I started with "I" statements. I was so hurt because I was so scared, I felt all alone and was so hurt because I was afraid.... I felt like that little unwanted 7 year old again. Im afraid of the rejection and all those old feelings of not being good enough and afraid I really did deserve the bad things....

funny even with my daughter .... when I talk from the heart of how Im really feeling and not acusing them of what they did or taking their inventory is when somehow the walls started to crumble.

Maybe just write a letter to yourself, being honest about how it really felt and how scarry it really was/is.... and give him a PS would help. That is just my experience...