Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
rose

Dixied,

I am really sorry your dil is treating you like this, I wish my in-laws had been as supportive. They just put their heads in the sand and beleived it wasn't happening. I know they became angry with me because I did much of the same to my husband...would not let him use my car or my cell and only because of the things that went on when I did let him have use of anything. They called me up and gave me sturn talking to and how I was hindering him from getting better. This was after he had talked to them about what I was doing. The only thing that I was hindering him from was getting over to the dealers place in a quick hurry or making phone calls to him or her. I put an old vehicle in my name for him to drive and he had it smashed up in 2 days. My in -law said it wasn't his fault. They gave him their truck to use because I was so mean....well they lived in a different town, but I did get word that he had smashed that up too and racked up their cell phone.

The sad part is, addiction destroys so much, breaks family apart. Everyone involved with the addict becomes so distraught and hurt.

Rose