View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
marle

Thumbs up And away we go......

Megan is here. She left the abf yesterday. He drove a little too fast and was pulled over by the city cops. When they found out he was driving with a suspended license (as the result of not paying a downstate ticket) they arrested him. He used the $400 rent money that he had just picked up from his boss to pay his bail and then walked back to the motel and started in on blaming Megan for his troubles. The police impounded his car and so he called his mother who came and picked him up and lent him her car. He was going to drive downstate with his last $80 in a beater car with no insurance to pick up some crack. That is when Megan said, enough is enough and called me. I think that she had her moment of clarity. Her dad and I drove the 35 miles to pick her up. She is calling rehabs today. I feel that this time really is different and she really does want to try. She has some methadone with her which does not make me too happy but she is trying to not get sick. I guess I have to give her big thumbs up for trying as she said this might look small to other people but this is really huge for her. Send your prayers this way that she ends up exactly where she needs to be. I am doing just fine except for a nasty cold. Just enjoying having her around. Hugs and Happy Memorial Day to all of you, Marle