Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you don't think this is silly or stupid

but I really need prayers for my diabetic dog. His sugar is going way too high, he's drinking gallons of water, and I'm scared to death to raise his insulin cause it's almost at the level it was last fall when he had seizures one after another and almost went into insulin shock.

My vet is stumped as his insulin has been adjusted a number of times, both up and down, and his diabetes seems to be out of control. I've been exercising him rigorously to try to burn up some of the sugar but don't know what else to do but pray for him.

I'm afraid if his insulin is raised he could start having seizures in the middle of the night when the vet is closed. I do keep a bottle of Karo syrup on the kitchen counter and a small bottle in the car, but am so afraid for him. He's only 8 yrs old and I'm afraid something will happen with this damn diabetes and he'll get really sick or worse.

So if you don't think this is a silly request, could you please pray for my little Nikko boy? He's so loving and trusting of me and is also one of God's creatures, and God entrusted him to my care.

Thanks,

least