Thread: So Mad
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jen

You did great!!! Quit taking the blame for his choices. You are very strong to have done what was right to protect your child!!

I have been divorced two years now from my exah. My exah still does not have overnight visits with our two boys (ages 7 & 8). He was ordered to "successfully" complete rehab and stay clean in order to have overnight visits with them. Unfortunately, two years later he still chooses to use.

This was the absolute best decision you could have possibly made for your child (and you!) I PROMISE you the two of you will get through this. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to be easy; however, it's much easier being a single mom than living with a drug addict. Please let your family and friends help if you need it. Even if you have to run to the grocery store by yourself and have a neighbor or friend watch your daughter...go for it!!

I am so thankful for the help I've received and I certainly couldn't have done it without the support of everyone here at SR!!

You are strong and will do fine!! Let him talk to your atty!! The bottom line is you "know" he won't stay clean; therefore, you know his visitation is very limited. Stick to your guns and don't give in.

You deserve to be happy and away from the destruction of living with an addict, as does your daughter.

(((Hugs)))

Jen