Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zanthos

Chantix ranked first among all drugs in reported problems

Chantix, the highly touted quit-smoking pill that targets a different pleasure pathway, has been linked to dozens of suicides and hundreds of suicidal behaviors.
A lot of people are trying Chantrix. Maybe that's not such a good idea. Why are you letting some profit hungry biochemist-prostitutes mess around with your body?

Obviously, I have nothing but distrust for pharmaceuticals, having worked for a couple of them and having a fair amount of familiarity with what the safety and efficacy studies for the FDA consist of.

Human biochemistry is incredibly complex. Drug companies are essentially performing human experimentation during clinical trials. If they can adequately massage the data to demonstrate the desired outcomes and while showing low adverse events, then the drug gets approved. Over the last couple of years, however, we've seen repeated instances of very dangerous drugs receiving FDA approval.

Taking any of the pharmaceutical cocktails that drug companies concoct is foolish, in my opinion. We are so brainwashed into believing we can take pills for any of life's problems. The drug companies are motivated only by massive profit. Not by concern for your welfare, and not by respect for how sensitive and critically balanced your body's biochemistry is.

By the way, after 32 years of smoking, I'm 70 days since my last cigarette without any drugs or other stop-smoking patches or aides. I have not wanted to smoke, I do not want to smoke, and I'm not going to smoke. It doesn't make a lot of sense to try and turn something that is not easy into something easy.

If you really want to stop smoking, and you are willing to accept whatever physical and (especially) emotional discomfort you are going to experience for a couple of weeks, it is very doable. Just try it. You don't need drugs or anything. Just be willing to feel horrible for a little while. Accept that you feel horrible. Don't fight it, and don't whine and cry about it. It will pass. Sleep alot. And in the meantime, you can be very pleased and proud that you are on your way to never smoking again.

Just keep focusing on the fact that you do not want to smoke and therefore you are not going to smoke. Everything else takes care of itself.

FAA bans anti-smoking drug Chantix for pilots, air controllers - Los Angeles Times