Thread: Hope for Today
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hope for Today

May 20 from Hope for Today

The serenity I am offered in Al-Anon is not an escape from life. Rather, it is the power to find peacefulness within life.

Al-Anon does not promise me freedom from pain, sorrow, or difficult situations. It does, however, give me the opportunity to learn from others how to develop the necessary skills for maintaining peace of mind, even when life seems most unbearable. The program helps me learn how to request, accept and use the strength and wisdom of my Higher Power. My Higher Power, working through my fellow members, helps me maintain my sanity and sense of self-worth.

Al-Anon also gives me the opportunity to live a serene life free from the burden of responsibility for other's decisions. It teaches me that I can make choices to redirect my life toward personal growth and satisfaction. It increases my confidence, which comes from trusting that the Higher Power of my understanding will sustain me and guide me through life's ups and downs.

Thought for the Day
Serenity is not about the end of pain. It's about my ability to flourish peacefully no matter what life brings my way.

"I felt utterly at peace with life and at the same time filled with joy. At that moment, I realized this was serenity, and I laughted out loud for the sheer, glorious pleasure of it!" From Survival to Recovery p 268