View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
imallright

Hi Clhoe...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I feel your pain. I too made the decision to end my marriage when my AH's drug use didn't stop. I was scared about what this would do the kids, but I was also scared to stay any longer and have these kids impacted. My AH has supposedly stopped using at this point, but for me it's too late. I can't stand not being able to trust him and I resent that his drug was more important than his family.

He loves his kids and will need to find a way to foster that relationship, but for me, can't do it. My biggest fear, once I made the decision of "no more" was that I would slip back and not carry through. There are still days that I am afraid of this. But, reaching out here, to my family, friends, reading about addiction and codependency have all helped me to focus on me and getting healthy again. My kids need me healthy and strong, just like yours do.

Keep coming back here and keep moving forward. You will know what is right. Put your healthy, sanity and happiness first, because you matter. Good thoughts and hugs.