Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

Does this sound like alcoholic wet brain?

Hi All,
My husband is an A, drinks about 15 -30 beers per day (by his own admission, so we all know it's probably more) every day. He also has alcoholic liver disease and was given 6 mos to a year to live if he continues on this path. Anyway, he has decided to continue on this path cause as he says, he's got "another 2 or 3 years left", he's not paying attention to the 6 mos. thing. Anyway, our 28 yo son is staying with us temporarily, and when my AH comes home from work, he'll chat w/my son, then I come home, son goes out for a while, comes home later, etc. Anyway, AH asks me Tues nite if I heard from son since he wasn't home for a few days. I said "he was home, you just spoke to him" AH is like, "yeah, I know" but I don't think he really knew.
Last night AH asks me again if I've heard from son since he wasn't home for days. I'm like "you just talked to him about an hour ago about fishing, what are you talking about, he's been home!" AH again, "yeah, I know, what are you talking about?" Then my daughter called (doesn't have a car) asked me if I could give her a ride to the dr. w/my granddaughter (7 yo). So I tell her yeah (she lives right near me), tell AH that I'm taking daughter and granddaughter to dr. be home in 15 mins. or so, which I was. Daughter calls me about 1/2 hour later to ask me something, AH says "I'll pick her up, she doesn't need to take a cab", my dd was like "oh, sounds like you're having a great night", and we hung up. AH is like "I'll go get her" I'm like, she's home, where did you think she was?" He's like "she's at the train station coming home from work" I'm like "no, I just told you that I had to take her and G to the dr." he's like "I know that!" but I know he really didn't know that.
Just now, he calls me at work, sounds very off, and said he may have to drive his mother to a wedding we are going to tomorrow nite. He then says "we'll have a good time, dance and maybe we'll bring Bob", I'm like "what are you talking about?" then he's like "Bob", I say "who's Bob?" Then he tried to say he was only kidding, there is no Bob. I don't have a clue what's going on. Could this be wetbrain, and if so, how long does this go on before I lose my patience, cause right now I'm picturing sticking his head in a toilet bowl!!!! LOL!!! No, really, what does this sound like to you all. Thanks for any replies.