View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Once again thank you all for your love & support.
First off Ann & Amy, My hubby refuses to let him live with us. I really don't want him too either mainly cuz I think he needs alot more help at this point than I can give him. He has been doing it so long I really think it has affected his mind. Plus all the problems he now has after so many yrs of using are many & in order to make it I think he has to have a really good support system around him. I wish I was wealthy enough to afford to offer him the very best long term treatment money can buy, but I'm not.
I was glad to hear the Salvation Army has free programs, I think Teen Challenge is another good resource. The main campus is not far from my home & they take people no matter what their age & they can live there as long as they want to. MtnGirl told me about UNITE but they only have that in Kentucky. I wish this country had much more help available to people. They must know how bad the drug problem is & people that are in the depths of addiction usually do not have jobs, money or insurance. Plus alot of families are so fed up with them they cut them off.
Carine, I am sorry to see you are still going through this. how is Chris doing?
SS, Thanks. I think I know how to detach pretty well & I know he will be 41 in Sept but no matter how old he is he is still my child & I love him. I will not do anything to hurt myself or the other members of our family but if I can offer him a treatment plan & IF HE IS READY TO SERIOUSLY TAKE IT that would be great.
Right now as Carine has added I do not have to do anything about it today. I know thats the reason animals & kids are happy............they only live in the present moment. They do not think about the past or worry about the future they live the now.
The more I do that the better my life is.
I am really glad I had sense enough to start posting again........you guys are the best!
Love & Hugh Hugs,
Diane