View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

((Diane))

I'm sorry he's struggling and in jail, I know how hard it is to watch. Sadly, it is next to impossible to do any kind of psychiatric evaluation when they are actively using and even when they can, sometimes when they stop using drugs, the mental disorder lessons at the same time. Addiction itself is insanity, and sadly we just can't do anything to stop it.

Diane, I feel your cringe at the thought of when he gets out of jail. Sweetie, WE aren't the only solution to their problem...WE're not even a good one. Perhaps he could go to a rehab, the Salvation Army programs cost nothing, or he could go to a halfway house. And if he refuses these better choices, it doesn't mean that you have to take him in. Maybe leaving him to make a different choice for himself will mean a different result.

It's okay to keep yourself safe and not allow him to bring his darkness into your home. It's hard, but it's okay and it's a healthy choice that will let you live longer and better.

My prayers go out for all of you, that this time around you each find a better path.

Mom-to-mom Hugs