View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ananda

I am a not so good buddhist. I believe that if there is a god, it is inconsequential. Or if god is defined as others seem to describe, I don't believe at all.

But those are JUST my opinions. I have been accepted by my local AA groups for the most part. My sponsor is of a completly different spiritual path than me....it hasn't mattered that much. She just trys to understand how I translate things to fit my spiritual path and encourages me to follow it. Likewise, I don't try to convert people to my beliefs...but try to encourage people in the direction that they choose. Of course at times things can be bumpy...that is the nature of life.

I tend to get pretty irratable on the chapter to the agnostic. It does seem to me that bill was saying that we were going to be tricked into believing as "they" did. But bill was only human as well.

Whatever recovery method I choose is great. I just make a choice and dedicate myself to it. I also try to be open minded to changing directions when indicated.

Today I would move to another town if necessary to get support that I could accept in my journey of sobriety. This journey is that important...I just have to remmember where ever I go there will always be others with other opinions than mine....acceptance.