Thread: My turn w/ Dr.
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scaredykat

My turn w/ Dr.

Hi Guys, a lot of you know how much I've been going to the Vet's with my cats since last Dec. Well now it my turn.

I haven't been feeling well the past couple of weeks. I'm really scared about going and finding out what's wrong with me. I have lost so much weight that it isn't funny. I guess I'll tell you my weight since you don't know what i look like. I'm now 99 lbs. I haven't weighed this little since i first got married 10 years ago.

I do not have a eating disorder. I've been small my whole life, but i don't know what's causing me to lose all this weight. Most people gain 20 or 30 lbs when they quit drinking. I've also had a lot of anxiety (over my cats and the vet bills), and been very tired.

I hope it's just my thyroid. I was told last year that i have a thyroid problem and never did get to a Dr. I kept putting it off and putting it off. I hate Dr's and actually have a bad fear of them, but I know I can't put it off any longer. Losing all this weight is really scaring me. I have no idea how much I weighed when i first got sober but i know its a lot.

I'll let you guys know how i make out after i see the Dr. on Tuesday.

Barb