View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don W

Post She needs to get better too

Hi, I am an alcoholic and posting on other sites. I have started reading your postings to better understand what my alcoholism has done to my wife and others. I read with great intrest an article Pernell wrote on the NA site ( Clancy, addictive personality )
It opened my eyes that I am not the only one that is ill. I am going to work very hard and a day at a time get better. I sat down with her this weekend and as hard as it was I admited all the lies about drinking and money. I want us both to get better and felt starting on a foundation of truth would be best. She and so many others have dealt with Don's problems for so long that even though she dosen't drink I can see some of my alcoholic behavior in her. If that makes sense. I mentioned above that I want, well she is right when she said life isn't always about what I want. She agreed to read some of your postings this weekend. I have this desire to tell you some of her feelings but, I won't. If she decides to go on the board that is her decision. I have already told her that if she goes on the Alonon board I will not go on unless she wants me to read something. I wish you all well. Don W