Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Happy

Blitzi,

The father of my little girl did die from that horrible disease. I divorced him a year before he died, knowing there was nothing I could do for him. I loved him, but it became dangerous to live with him. I loved him and hated him at the same time. You are in a better place than I was, because you seem to understand that it's a disease. I didn't back then, but I do now. I know that my parents are real tough on me for my past and current decisions. I have gotten to where I know exactly what their answers are going to be. If I don't want to hear them, then I don't talk to them about those subjects. I find friends who will listen and not beat me up for my feelings and my decisions. I am a different breed from my family. They don't understand me and I don't understand them. I just love them, spend time with them, and then go home and talk to my friends about my life. Sorry about your husband. It does get better with time, and working the steps, I can promise you that. Life is really good for me now, and I wouldn't change it for anything. Go to meetings, get a sponsor, work the steps, and things will get better. I'm praying for you.

Love,
Happy