Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2002, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blitzi-girl

Post Struggling

I just found this board, and it's just what I need. I don't get out much except for work because I have to be home for my two disabled children.

Just hoping someone can relate....After many, many years with a wonderful man/un-wonderful alcoholic, I packed the kids up and moved 500 miles away to be near my folks. DH has been in rehab many, many times, and never been sober more than two months. He's really dying. Rarely eats. Living off a credit card. The move was so good for us. The kids don't have to see it, and I don't have to constantly turn him away from my door. I'm comfortable with knowing there's nothing I can do for him, but it does not make me any less sad that he's dying. However, my family has really been coming down hard on me to forget him and never think about him again. It's not that easy. They don't understand why I love him. He's a wonderful person, who's very sick. He was a wonderful dad.

I know there's nothing I can do for him. I can only do for me, and hopefully, my kids. I removed us from his life so we wouldn't have to see it day to day. I'm just having a hard time having my family tell me to not be sad at the dismantling of our lives, and the loss of my partner. I guess I just need someone who knows, to say "I hear ya."

Thanks.