Thread: new to list
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2002, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

HI Tired and Confused...
Welcome to the recovery forum! It never gets old... we want to hear ALL about it. This board was here when we needed it and we want to be there for you.
I certainly understand your frustration. The A in my life just went back to school. Within a month he has divested himself of his grant and loan money for two. (Plus some.) He now has no money for food, and says he needs school supplies or he will fail classes. I've decided, if that's true... he can just fail. He should have bought school supplies before the "other" kind. It's very hard to put the focus on yourself in such a situation, when you want so much for them to succeed. But we can't be responsible for the actions of another adult.
I think HP sent you to the page today for ME, as well as for you. I so needed to read your post and think about your situation in relation to my own. You helped me get my perspective back. And THAT, new friend, is why you should never hold back here when you have something to say or vent. You help yourself, and you may also help someone else. Like me. Thank you.

Keep posting!
Smoke