View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
itisatruth

For me, the "letting go" part means to let go of the resentments. I can't change the facts, but I can feel the feelings and then let go so that I can move forward.

I think when we can begin to let go, we can start to heal and then feel better off in the long run. I wish there was an easy recipe for it though.

Saw this the other day and it kinda fits:

"To be wronged is nothing, unless we continue to remember it." -- Confucious

Now, I don't think I will ever forget...meaning I will always remember, but I hope there will be a day soon that my hurt, anger, and resentments won't be on my mind all the time. Maybe then I might be able to work towards forgiveness. Right now I am not as angry with him as much as I have been, maybe that's the detachment (??), so emotionally I think that's better for me.

(must say though, that he is really bugging me right this minute.....all I want to do is write and he can't seem to put the dishes away without asking me where every little thing goes.....would you like the spoons in the big spot or little? where does the shredder go....what about the tongs....OMG and I am thinking...well if you actually did that more than twice a year, you wouldn't have to ask!!! my tension is building!!!!)

So, still working on this one