View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
seacup

To enable or not to enable...

Well...here I am again, providing my AS with a place to live, food to eat etc. As you all know this is the easiest thing to do. I dont want to be doing this anymore not because I dont love him or want to provide for him, but because I want him to get back on the road of recovery. I had shared b4 that I was refusing to pick him up out of state, but family (who does not understand obviously) forced me to not make my problem theirs. I picked my son up 3 weeks ago with the understanding that he had to get help, and that home was not an option for him. Since his return, he has not gotten help, he has not gone to meetings, he has not changed. He comes in late at night and avoids me at all costs. I know your thinking well....lock the doors. Sounds easy, but I rent an apartment and he creates a scene and has already broken the door. This is an awful situation and I would just like to scream! At this point I really dont know how to handle the situation. I have sent a email trying to contact someone to help me with an intervention, and email to Pheonix House to seek placement immediatly after the intervention. These are things he should be doing, but at 20 yrs old he is not. He does not drive, he does not have an education, and we live in a very rural area. I keep reading the writing "Let me Fall" and I just cant seem to get there this time around with him. He has made the streets not a safe place for him to be. Well thank you all again for hearing me out.