Thread: arguments
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nan07

Originally Posted by msh58 View Post
its something i don't like about rational recovery. I basically love his book for the plan itself, it makes the most sense to me, but really can't stand the founder as grateful as i am for finally having someone that explains it clearly to me. But over 2/3's of the book is just him bashing other programs, arguing about this or that. Book should have been 50 pages long. I can't imagine what the guy was like when he was drunk if he's like this sober.

i actually follow that small part from the AA big book on this one, to avoid arguments.

but this needs a discussion. how do you handle arguments now that you've sobered up. What is working for you?
I agree with you about that RR book. It would have been a very slender volume if Jack's rants were excluded. Yep, take the good parts and leave the rest behind- I do that, too. It's very hard for me to avoid arguments about programs, particularly when people come in and preach or foist their beliefs on me. Honestly, I often have to simply avoid those forums and people. My best advice is don't engage- I've discovered it doesn't get me anywhere.