View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Hi skeetermag. Sorry for what you're going through right now, and I hope you are doing your best to take care of yourself. I had to comment when I read this cuz my AH has kinda been in the same position. His doctor actually got his license taken away for over prescribing. My AH was on methadone, and was lucky enough to find a doctor who would take over his prescription and help him ween off it. Even with his help, it was hell for both of us. My husband became a totally different person, angry and moody. The times he became irrational and nearly dillusional were when he was taking too many of the pills for the withdrawals. Once he even tried to go to work, even though he was off that day...put on his uniform and tried to walk out the door. There were days and days that he didn't even remember when he finally 'came down".

It seems that your husband needs more intense medical care, I don't know about his heart obviously (never heard of strokes causing that kind of behavior though), but mixing all those things can't be good. Is an inpatient rehab possible? Good luck