View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

so grateful that my HP said to Cats HP - psst - my Rita girl is struggling - can you get Cats to start a thread that will get everyone talking about all the stuff Rita needs to read right now

Wah la -

I have been really hurting over the actions of another member in recovery. I'm not even sure who it is. Someone who attends my f2f meeting - broke my anonymity. Whoever that person is shared with a different recovery group about things that are going on between my AH & I.

I am hurt, betrayed and no longer feel safe in my meeting.

BUT I am powerless of not only alcoholism, addiction - but also how this disease affects other people.

Maybe this was intentional, maybe it wasn't - It really doesn't matter. What matters is that I am letting this make my life unmanagable.

Working this situation that is in MY HEAD thru step 1 (and then thru Steps 2 & 3) I will eventually be able to allow my HP to restore me to sanity.

Now, how I will handle myself in my f2f meetings may change since my safety has been compromised - but my heart & spirit will be cared for by a power greater than me. The Steps give me that reassurance.

Thanks for Step Study

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita