View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hey Rob, and hello to your wife too. It took a lot of courage for her to post here, looks like you've got some great support!

A little over three years ago I gave almost everything away. I often remind myself that I didn't lose anything, I gave it away every time I made the decision to pick up a drink. So I gave away my marriage, my home, my pets, and the ability to spend every day with my children. I couldn't see any hope, there was no light at the end of the tunnel, it felt like the story of my life had suddenly ended.

But I knew without a doubt that I could never safely take a drink again, and that I had to work a program of recovery. AA was my choice, I hope you find something after treatment that works for you.

So what do I have now? A beautiful relationship with my amazing children and my girlfriend who works her own recovery program. A small home where we enjoy spending time together. I managed to keep my job, and I'm grateful my co-workers stood by my side in my recovery. I've made more friends in AA than I ever thought was possible, and I enjoy being of service to the Fellowship. Posting here on SR is pretty fun too! I often say that I have a life beyond my wildest dreams and expectations, every day spent in sobriety just reaffirms that.

I look forward to hearing from you when you get out of that treatment facility, maybe your wife can keep us updated? Prayers and good thoughts going out for you Rob!

Scott