View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Quiet_one37

anvilhead, thank you so much for your kind words. Right now I am not living with my husband as I thought it would be better for us to be apart. He is having a hard time with this, as where he lives is nothing but people who are on crack, and unfortunely they are not seeking any kind of help. They constantly phone him, and come to the door offering him rocks and such. I am proud of him, as he keeps telling them NO he is not interested.

He has been going to NA meetings, and today is his 30 days of being clean. That is a good thing. I have found a meeting with Nar anon every Tuesday which I will attend so I am able to understand the drug a little better, and found out if what I am feeling is normal.

I just want him to know I will be there to help him out, I do understand that this will be an fight on going for the rest of his life, but I am hoping with the recovery it will get easier for him. He is slowly starting to read the book they have for addicts at the NA meetings, and we sit together at times and read it together and he finds that helps.

I am not really sure what to say, as my mind is going a mile a mintue, and well there are times I do think it is my fault, and times where I feel I could have did something different, but by going to these NA meetings with him, I find that I am not the cause of this.

Once again thanks for your kind words, means alot to me, as I am trying to fight this battle alone.

Mich