Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

You parents have such a difficult road. But, you know, you are soooooo doing the right thing! IMO anyway. I have no children, but if I had parents like you! Actively doing the right thing, or trying to! Oh - you are a gift, she just doesn't know it yet. I just want to hug each and every one of you everytime I read from you!

Married to an A, I think, what if his parents had done something different? What if they had taken the hard road first with him? Maybe - and I know it's a big maybe -but maybe he might have learned before he was 48 and still struggling with acceptance and walking the road he is walking. Now, he is losing his wife, he is isolated from his parents and family, he is walking head on to the headlights and doesn't see it. It's not his parents fault, I know they did the best they could with what they knew. I'm not blaming. Just trying to point out, that you are helping her learn to have a more fulfilling life down the road, but it's still her choice if chooses to accept the assignment!

Big hugs to you! It sounds so difficult, and at the same time your own recovery is a beacon! You're a good mom!