Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Anvil,
Boy, you said it all. We are very emeshed in each others lives. Very intertwined. I do have to set her free as much as it scares me, I would probably be doing her a favor.

I think I stayed more connected because of her bi polar. Making sure she keeps her pdoc app. and taking her meds. Anything to keep her on the right track. What if all of that falls by the way side? Part of me will feel guilty because I am not helping her.
Wow. Missed this yesterday, but I'm fairly convinced that the ex is bipolar. About 18 months ago, I finally had that flash, the key to why I was so terribly attracted to her, she acted just like my bipolar alcoholic mother. Felt like driving off the bridge, quit drinking and went back to AA instead.

And she has never sought professional help, when her Mom tried to get her into rehab as a 16 year old she refused to talk to the intake people, they sent her away. When I broached the subject she said she 'wouldn't takes meds for the rest of her life' she prefers to self-medicate.

And the way she acts, best described on my end, when I'm with her I feel like I'm in a fog. I never know where she's coming from, non-stop projection, denial, avoidance. One of the worst things, the realization that if she doesn't get help, her 6 year old son is going to be JUST LIKE ME when he grows up. This sucks so much.