Old 03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kj21

Hi and welcome back. I have no experience with that particular rehab but my ex went to a 35 day rehab in 'Vancouver. I really thought that he would come home and be "fixed" and we could live happily ever after. NOT. He really seemed great while in there, said he loved beng sober, could finally think clearly, had nightmares about using (coke/crack). Said he couldn't wait to get home and start our new life together. As soon as he was home with the familiar triggers around he relapsed. again and again and again. It has been 18 months. We are now seperated. He is still trying to beat this thing, but I couldn't live with it anymore. I also love him forever, but can not live with him. the anxiety, mood swings, money missing, lies were effecting my mental and physical health, not to mention my kids being so confused as to what the H*ll was happening. He struggles everyday. I don't think you are at all selfish to want to get out of hell. You and your kids deserve peace and happiness. It is not your battle to fight. It is his and only his. I hope you find the strength to move on. It doesn't have to be forever, if he does get it together you can always date again...if YOU choose to. good luck!!