View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
weatherfreak

11 months sober today

Well it's bizarre that it actually falls on easter sunday considering that I'm not religious. I haven't been in here for ages but I just want to let all the new people starting on the road to recovery that, you are not alone, there is so much help available out there and all you need to do is ASK. Asking is usually the hardest part because it means that you have admitted there is a problem. We are the only ones that can reach out and do it for ourselves first. Places like sober recovery have also helped me greatly in my very early stages. This place got me to where I am now, just by reading posts and identifying with other like myself. Nothing said is 100% right or wrong with one MASSIVE exception. If you don't pick up that 1st drink, you can't get drunk.
Good luck on your journey, mine has been a very, very bumpy ride but I know that I'm not alone on that one. Pop your seat belts on, but be open to whatever happens along the way. AA is not for me but I'm still sober. I have an excellent GP and fantastic psychologist to help me but, never dismiss AA. I learnt some very valuable tips there which helped me along and it helps so many people around the world.
Who knows where I'm heading, the journey continues. I'm only 11 months sober which is still not very far along but I just wanted to share that with you all. Love and courage to all, keep on fighting and never, and I mean never forget to reach out for help when things get hard. :chatter

I just read that back, wow, what a rant. I hope it's helpful