View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Hi Everyone. Just checking in. Things are going ok here. RAH has been home from prison for 2 1/2 months now. RAH is working a steady job he likes. His bossman knows his past and also is a good mentor to him. Sometimes I do have anxiety because of all I've been through in the past with him. I have to remind myself of "one day at a time" and just for today... Just for today, things are ok, my kids are enjoying having dad take them fishing, take them to the dragstrip near our house, helping with school projects etc. I am enjoying the time also, getting things done together on the house, etc. The anxiety comes when I focus on him too much... worrying what if ... I have to put the focus back on me and live for today. I have boundaries still in place, so if things change, I will deal with whatever comes my way.

Thanks for listening. Just needed to write that out. I read the serenity prayer on another thread today... Ann has added the bold points.. it really spoke to me, and I wanted to share.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...anyone else

The courage to change the things I can....that would be ME

And the wisdom to know the difference...if it doesn't have my name written all over it, it's not mine.

Anyone want to check in? Babs, Hello-Kitty, Sadness... any new persons want to update or share your story about a loved one in prison.