View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

(((rubycanoe))) There are open meetings and closed meetings. Usually those individuals who are not there because they want to be don't attend a closed meetings. At a closed meeting, it is generally understood that only "official alcoholics" go to these meetings. Those who bring up an issue at a meeting or give them feedback know when a meeting is open, there's a good chance that the doors and windows can be open as well. In other words, things can walk out of a meeting. But for me, I don't care who knows I go to meetings and who doesn't. But I also know if I have something pretty personal or possibly self incriminating from my past, I don't throw it out on the floor at an open meeting or a meeting period. I talk to my Sponsor or close friends on an individual basis about these things. I attend meetings that are held on some of the busiest streets in Dayton. With the new no smoking laws, all of us smokers are in front of the building before and after meetings smokin away. Anyone who drives by knows that we are there at these AA Clubs for an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, not for a paper drive.

To thine own self be true