View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ksos
Waiting For Engines

Topomax and Uncontrollable Shaking

I became inspired due to my insomnia and my feeling scared about what I had read in a member's post about the off-label use of the medication Topomax as an anti-depressant.

This data is all over the web and I only chose a few selected examples that mentioned leg tremors, uncontrollable shaking of limbs or odd sensations in the feet and hands.

NONE OF THIS MATERIAL IS INTENDED TO REPLACE A QUALIFIED MEDICAL DOCTOR'S OPINION

Topomax can cause uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body

(Source: MedlinePlus Drug Information: Topiramate)

I started Topamax at 25mg at night for 2weeks and just moved up to 50mg at night. My husband kicks me out of bed every night saying I kick my legs. I don't even realize I am doing this. Them when I try to go back to sleep, my legs feel like I have to tense them up to relax in a constant cyle.

(Source: Topamax and effexor : Medications.com)

Dropping down
Tonight I made the decision to drop back to 150 mgs a day of Topamax. I was supposed to up to 200mgs, but instead I went down. This is a first for me. I usually try to max out to get the full effect, but for once side effects are worse then any possible benefit.

For the past week I have felt like I am shaking internally. This morning I did yoga and it was hellish. My hands and feet tingled something horrible during so many of the poses. I have eaten so little and gotten full so fast. Yesterday I slept for 11 hours and woke up feeling exhausted and still with headache. My bowels are like bricks and my brain is deep in a fog like never before.

I had to ask myself if eliminating pain is really all that matters and in the end I want for a greater quality of life not just pain relief. So tonight, I compromise with my body. Hopefully it will accept my trade.

(Source: This is my brain on migraines: Dropping down)

I started taking Topamax for my migraines at 25 mg and moved up to 50 mg a week later. Right after I started taking 50 mg, I started to have diarrhea and bad stomach cramps, as well as tingling in my hands and feet. I have barely been able to keep food in my body for a week now and am still waiting for my Dr. to return my phone call.

(Source: Ratings for topamax: side effects and patient comments)

:wtf2