Old 03-17-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
iluvmykids

Hi fluffy --cool name. I just wanted to let you know that the advice you are getting is legit. I was doing about 120mg of NORCO and/or Oxy about 8 days ago and posting the entire story on another board. I have had 6 relapses and REALLY wanted to get off the stuff each time. And each relapse was higher and higher a dose. Never had a dealer, that was a good thing. 8 days ago I came clean to my wife (again) and said screw it. I went CT (cold turkey). Had nothing but immodium and vitamins and water. I am at one week clean now and feel much better. I really do. It hard to believe that I wasted so much time and money on that crap at this point. You can do this. It takes a really good plan and you have to stick to it. You did the right thing talking to your DR. You might want to go back and tell the DR. that you are going to take 4 straight days off, get yourself down a bit more , then just flush it. All you are doing with a TAPER plan is prolonged the intensity of the withdrawals. You will not be on the floor, in a pile of poop and puke, trust me. You will feel like you did a day 4 the last time you stopped, actually probably better. The Benzo will help with withdrawals, but PLEASE GOD, do not take 70mgs EVER again. You are sooooooooo lucky you didnt die. Remember that, heck with the kid on the scooter, the amount of drugs in your system at the time could have stopped your heart. That should scare you into stopping and be THE REASON that you hold on too when the WD's kick in. I just thought of a clean and pill free vacation that I have coming up in 2 weeks. NO PILLS, NO WORRIES, NO LIES. Please stay with us and learn and get healthy.

D