View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Thanks, Barb;

I wasn't having any problems with the Topamax when I was just on that.
But, I was experiencing depression. So, that's why she put me on the Wellbutrin. I didn't want an SSRI, as I had a bad time with them before, with serotonin syndrome.

But, I know I had a bad time with Wellbutrin in the past before too. I was on 300 mg then. And I got panic attacks. I tolerated it cuz it helped me quit smoking. So, I thought the 200 mg would be ok. But, maybe it's just the Wellbutrin that's the problem.

So, then, what's left with anti depressants? I do have to be very careful, cuz, I've been pre-diabetic, and I'm not going on anything that causes weight gain. I've lost @ 30 pounds, but have more to go.

Topamax is also used off label for depression. But, once you get to higher levels, it starts causing memory problems in many people. I don't have that problem now. And I'm a teacher, so, that wouldn't be a good idea to get into that problem! :rof

So, Barb, I do hear ya. Yea, they do make plenty of dough. And I can't make bread out of it. LOL! But, I don't like this crying jag that's happening with me. I gotta do something. I recognize a problem, and want to be proactive. I just don't know what to do at this point.

So, any other thoughts?

Shalom!