Thread: 5 hours....
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by BigSis
Hope is not an outcome... it is just a belief that the miracles CAN and DO occur. They can. And they do.
Marle, I truly know your pain and I also understand why you feel the need to distance yourself from the chaos and that's what I had to do too.

Yes, going through the sad part of grieving the child we feel we have lost is painful, it may very well have been part of the darkest part of my life, but I have learned not to hang out in the sadness long, it's a dead end street that takes us no place good.

Prayer helps me cope, giving God what I cannot handle and asking release from the fear and then living in faith that He has it all covered allows me to live a good life filled with beauty and peace.

I like what BigSis said about hope. I have seen the worst case addict, the one you would never bet on to ever find recovery, get well and stay well and live a good life. I think God has shown me these special people so I know that there is always hope, even for the most hopeless. Hope, not expectations, but Hope is a little candle in my heart right next to faith and love.

You and your daughter are in my prayers each day, and I ask that God shine His light upon both of you and give you peace and a good path to walk.

Big hugs from a mom who walks with you.