View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lggirl

His family has talked to him but everyone tiptoes around the subject of me. His family was the one who gave him a place to live, payed the rent, gave him money and always gave him what he wanted. I never gave him any money and wouldn't see him when I knew he was high. I even left and went on vacation with a friend for 2 wks before this all happened. I did my best to put up boundaries. I can't understand how a rehab that promoted couples counseling to me and told me to keep calling are now the same people calling me manipulative, controlling and a codi. This is very hurtful. So apparently whatever little you do for the addict if you still love them your a codependent. I can't believe adult people actually act as though this is the professional thing to do. They must have put some meds in his food! And does one really stay sober knowing they just left someone behind without saying goodbye, the one they supposedly loved for 3 yrs and without sounding codependent- got them into rehab- actually put this intoxicated person on the plane to Canada. I guess this was my first mistake amongst many. Thanks everyone for reading