View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
imallright

I can relate to Chino. My AH finally agreed to go to counseling... about 4 years ago. He too spent most of his time pointing out that I had a problem. HE didn't have a problem. He was looking for the counselor to tell us how to live together with him being the same as always. Fixing me so I could live with him. Well, long story short... after about 3 - 4 sessions and my AH not even remotely considering that he needed to work on him ... (keep in mind I was going to individual counseling to deal with my stuff) ... the therapist bascially "threw us out". I joke about it... mostly because I saw it coming. She said, "Until he decided to work acknowledge that he need to work on his and our marriage issues, there was not point in us continuing." I continued on with my counseling, my AH's reaction was, "see we don't need counseling". And of course, he promptly continued on with his life, never changing a thing. Fast forward about 5 years, and I am back in counseling and moving forward... not waiting for him to get it this time and looking forward to a new and better life. Focus on you and get well.