View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
drainedwife

I will gladly talk about my dad and how he didnt support his family--but it has nothing to do with my husband's drug use and his treatment of me--
something the therapist doesnt seem to focus on...instead he asked me if i have a problem trusting men--i said no, i never had a problem trusting my husband before all of this--it wasnt an issue in our marriage...and he said "well you sought out someone who you could trust, so it is an issue" Doesnt everyone seek out soemone they can trust??
I dont know what in the world he was trying to get at...

as for the narcisism being a deal breaker--well, drugs is something you can recover from-and it is a deal breaker for me--i just never had the courage to go through with it...narcissism is one of the hardest things to treat and many therapists dont even want to work with someone who is narcissistic.....anyway, what do i want??? i want to be happy..i want to have a healthy relationship with someone i can trust and not have to worry about what i say--being able to air my greivences without worrying that my spouse might flip out or take it as an insult or attack on him--