View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
outonalimb

Wow..sounds like you really HAVE been busy, my dear.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Monday. It sounds like you have a competent attorney. It sounds like she is prepared. Try to let go of all the anxiety and worry and let her deal with his manipulations and drama...thats what she's there for. I'm glad you'll have the emotional support of your kids.

When I divorced my exah, there wasn't any money to fight about...not really, anyway...most of it had been lost to addiction by the time I gathered up the courage to file for divorce and actually go thruwith it. Even still, it was a very stressful day (and I spend my life in courtrooms but its different when its YOUR life on the line).

MOnday might be tough. It might be very emotional. I remember thinking for a long time that the heavens would open up on divorce day and my future would loom brightly on the horizon. As it turns out, it was just a painful, sad day. I wasn't prepared for it. I came home that night and fell to my knees in prayer and asked God to just guide me...one day...one step...at a time. And he has.

Best of luck to you on MOnday, my dear. Its been a long journey getting to this point.
Love and support...