View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

How is everyone? Any updates?

My ex made bail last week. He never tried to contact me or his son. I have been waiting and waiting to receive a form from him so that my son can get a passport. I have been planning a trip to Ireland to visit my uncle who is very sick and not expected to live through the summer. During a phone message several weeks ago, Diono said that he had signed and mailed the form back. I have been waiting and waiting.... Finally, on Tuesday, I checked the jail register to see when visiting was so that I could go talk to him and I learned he had been bailed out the day before. I have been trying and trying to get a hold of him about the form. Hoping that maybe it had gotten lost or praying that that he would be willing to sign another one.

Finally, his mom called me to let me know that he had gotten a hold of her. She told me I wasn't going to like what he told her. She was right. It was brutal.

D told her that he is punishing me for treating him badly last summer when I let him stay with me. He is very upset that I wouldn't have sex with him and made him sleep on the couch when he got out of prison. He told his mother that he saved me from my bad friends and being a drunk on prozac. (Diono introduced me to crack cocaine about 4 years ago when we met so I hardly would credit him with saving me). He said that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have Andrew.

He also told her that he lied about mailing the passport paperwork in. He said that he had gotten it notorized and still had it. Then he told her it was in a box in storage unit somewhere and he would call me and we would go get it. (He's lying - that's his m.o. - to keep you hanging on.)

He hasn't returned any phone calls. Instead, he is back playing the same torturous control games he used to play when we were together.

He is crazy. And evil and vindictive. What a sick twisted mind.

I'm very sad that Andrew and I can't go on our trip and most likely my uncle is going to die and I will never see him again. He is 78 and suffering from heart failure, liver failure - just all over body failure.

I have one last shot to get the passport - "A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability. Any ideas? (Real ideas that I can submit to the US Department of State?)

I'm still working on the lawyer thing so I can establish custody of our son. Hopefully one calls me back soon. There are many hurdles in front of me but I am back to taking things day by day. Not taking anything for grant it. And trying not to cry.