View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
dazednconfuse

wow - we have identical stories

My EXAH was also addicted to oxys... and seemingly any other painkiller he could get his hands on. While I know many others have spouses addicted to pain pills, our stories are unique in that family members are also their drug dealers. Mine was given oxys by his own mother... something I could never get my mind around. HIS MOTHER. Its disgraceful, but served as her way of keeping him coming back for more - to clean for her, do her laundry, etc etc. She's the helpless female sort. Soooo not my style.

Anyway, my story ends with divorce. EXAH went to rehab for one week (all insurance would cover.) After that, my policy became "third time is a charm." Within six months of coming home, three times he told me he was clean, and three times I caught him using. Game over. We were divorced and living separately within three months of the third time.

Dealing with a drug-dealing mother-in-law was a crazy experience. We all know that any and all triggers need to be removed from the addicts' lives... but he couldn't stay away from her for anything. I understand that its his mom, but still... she's not behaving like a mother! Ultimately he chose her and the drugs over me (thats the way I see it, anyway; he'd tell you a different story), so off I went. Good riddance to both of them. I will never have that in my life again.

I wish you the best of luck in finding your own path. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk further!